Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Concerned Beverly Hills Adjacent Citizens

This is from my other blog-"More Problems Than Carter Has Pills". More ranting on shopping cart theft and dumping. Please leave comments if you want to share. Thanks!

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Concerned Beverly Hills Adjacent Citizens


I'm annoyed. Really annoyed. Where I live, which is Los Angeles, CA in a little area known by locals as "Beverly Hills Adjacent". Literally, Beverly Hills is across the street. We have a little problem here. It's called shopping cart stealing and dumping. I'm getting really tired of this and I'm sure others in my hood are too.

I've driven around my neighborhood and noticed them. Dumped strategically in front of apartment buildings. The best is when they're dumped in front of "McMansions". These are those obnoxious newly re-constructed homes here in the slums of Beverly Hills. I think it's quite funny when I see this...I will post a picture soon.

It seems the majority of the shopping carts dumped in my area are from one market in particular-Elat Market-on Pico Blvd/Robertson. Sitting at home in my living room, especially on Mondays, I will hear the distant rumbling of those annoying shopping cart wheels...kachikachikachikachikachikachunk. Then I'll spy the offender merrily pushing the cart along like it's o.k. to steal property. What does this say about a person's character? I may get the guts to ask.

Most the time when I see this occurring, I'll peek out front, sigh, and maybe yell, "Shopping cart thief!". I don't think they hear me though. Sometimes they get even more bold. They'll roll along until they get to my house. They stick their paws into my mailbox and my neighbors to steal anything from coupons to magazines. It's really appalling.

What do we do as concerned citizens? Any suggestions?
Here's some links to some articles I found online about this behavior and also a new niche career for those shopping cart collectors:

Metroactive
Northwest Florida Daily News
Frank Simpson


No comments: